Migrate iOS app to Windows PC from broken iPhone

Options
pat_star
pat_star
Community Member

Hi there,
i am using 1Password for iOS for years now, i got it when it was still free and am using it ever since. I do not have a membership either. So as the title says, i broke the screen of my iPhone and can no longer control it or back it up or anything.
The app was set to sync to iCloud though.
Now how can i access my 1Password data via Windows PC? Is there a way to make the PC-app sync to iCloud by any means?
A new device is ordered already but i would still like to have my vault accessible while i am waiting for the new iPhone...

Cheers
Pat

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pat_star

I'm sorry to hear about the situation. No, unfortuantely it is not possible to access 1Password data in iCloud from a Windows PC. Doing so would require an Apple device (Mac, iPhone, or iPad). I wish I had a better answer for you, but data stored in CloudKit (Apple's equivalent of iCloud Drive for databases) is not accessible from Windows as far as I'm aware.

Something to consider for the future -- 1Password membership comes with a web interface via 1Password.com which would allow you to access your data from any compatible device (likely including your Windows PC) without having to install any software. It would also include access to the latest version of 1Password for Windows if you did want to use 1Password there.

Ben

• pat_star
    pat_star
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    thanks for the fast reply!!
    Well unfortunately thats not what i wanted to hear but i already guessed it was that way.
    If i did set the app on iOS up in a way that it is syncing to dropbox, would it then be possible?

Jeah im considering that given the latest incident XD

Pat

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2018
    Options

You're very welcome @pat_star. It is possible to sync 1Password for Windows with Dropbox, but without a membership you'd need to purchase a 1Password 7 for Windows license (if you don't already have one). You wouldn't be able to get the web interface, though, that is exclusive to 1Password.com

Ben

This discussion has been closed.