1Password 6 extension isn't filling in Safari

Comments

• credej
    credej
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Seems like functionality is finally fully broken for free users. Also having issues using the extension in Safari and seeing a new bold red 'Pay us to get this working again' message. Using v6. Would love to be wrong on this

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @credej! I went ahead and split your comment into a new topic since you weren't having the same issue as the previous thread.

Do you happen to be using Safari 12? The reason I ask is that extensions changed a bit with Safari's new update. You'll have to install the 1Password extension straight from the Safari Extensions Gallery when using 1Password 6. You can find it here: https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C

• credej
    credej
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Thank you for the quick response! I uninstalled and reinstalled from the link you gave, but Apple + \ is still broken. I can right click on the username field, select 1Password, and then copy paste things - but can't figure out how to get autofill working again.

The only thing that changed after reinstalling the browser extension is the red message now says 'Trial expired - click here to buy' when before it was a similar type of message but the wording was different..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@credej: Filling isn't available without paying. You'd need either a 1Password.com membership, which includes all the apps, or purchase a license specifically for that version.

• credej
    credej
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

My mistake I thought I had not previously purchased the software but I have. On my receipt there is no version number however, it just says '1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet AgileBits Inc.'

I purchased on Jan 21, 2016

• credej
    credej
    Community Member

I have reinstalled both the app (1Password 6 - which I was using successfully for years, including autofill) and the Safari extension. Autofill is not working. Still getting 'Trial expired - Click here to buy'

Thank you for your help!

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi @credej!

In that case, let's continue the conversation via email. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it (Others, please don't use this code):

[#DNW-29212-252]

This will link your diagnostics to the email discussion I just made. I'll take a look and we can continue from there.

This discussion has been closed.