Duplicate entries on Applw Watch

rmart33
rmart33
Community Member

I have been using 1Password4 on my iPhone and Apple Watch for some time. I just started a trial membership and have transferred everything to the membership account. Now I have duplicate entries for everything that is on the Watch. How do I fix that?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: latest iOS, WatchOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rmart33 - I'm sorry for the trouble. Have you got duplicate entries on your iPhone, as well? When you create a new 1password.com account, as an existing 1Password user, you'll be invited to migrate your data from your older standalone vault(s) to the new 1password.com account, after which you'll be asked to remove the older (now no-longer-needed) Primary vault. However, if you choose NOT to remove it, you will have duplicates of all of your items (at least at first, until you start adding/changing data). That's where I'm guessing those duplicates came from. When you look on your iPhone, in Settings > Vaults, do you see both Primary and Personal? Or something else?

• rmart33
    rmart33
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    Yes, I am seeing duplicates on my phone as well. So I think you nailed the issue. I was hesitant to remove my old vault immediately during my membership trial in case the experiment didn't go well. I am happy to say that so far I really like the upgrade. I changed the vault settings on my iPhone and now I am only seeing the online vaults. I still see duplicates on the watch. Does that take time to resync or are there settings I missed?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rmart33 - there'll be "Add to Apple Watch" checkboxes, as shown here. If you haven't actually removed the older standalone vault and its contents, then those contents are still there, even if you've hidden them from view in 1Password for Mac. Each one of those items that you had previously added to Apple Watch got duplicated...including that code to add them to the watch. Unless you either a) remove the old vault or b) go through it, one-by-one, and un-check the "Add to Apple Watch" box, you'll continue to have the duplicates on the Watch. Hope that's helpful! :)

• rmart33
    rmart33
    Community Member

Ah, makes sense.Sounds like I just need to delete that old primary vault from the phone to clear this up.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rmart33 - that'd certainly be the "lowest impact" way to go about it, yes. Don't forget: in standalone mode, 1Password for Mac makes daily backups for you. Those won't be removed when you remove the older Primary vault, so if you ever DID need to re-access it, you could restore from a previous backup, if necessary. But when you transferred your data from Primary --> Personal, all of it should've come with you, rendering that Primary vault truly redundant at this point. So feel free to visit Preferences > Advanced and UN-check the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts." :)

This discussion has been closed.