Autofill from Identity

Options

It would be awesome to have ie. the mail adress from my identity (or just the browsers default autofill) for the username when i add new logins

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @rfKuster! Are you adding new Logins manually (as in clicking '+ New Item' and opening 1Password.com) or are you creating the Login item directly from the inline menu? If the latter, 1Password X should detect the form as being a registration form and offer to fill your Identity for you. Perhaps you could provide an example URL where you're experiencing this so I can do some testing on my end. :)

• rfKuster
    rfKuster
    Community Member
    Options

When i create one manually.
    For an app on a mobile ie.

And when i add account automatically, a lot of times just the username gets stored but to login the email address is needed.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rfKuster! :)

Thanks for the feature request. I can see how having a default username/email could be useful, but at the same time, I can see it quickly becoming annoying. Depending on how much interest there is for such a feature, we might consider tackling this use case, and maybe come up with an even niftier way for manually creating entries.

And when i add account automatically, a lot of times just the username gets stored but to login the email address is needed.

Would you mind giving as a few examples where that's the case? We'd love to dig into it. :)

This discussion has been closed.