Entries are not sorted when listing re-used passwords

Options
bdurham
bdurham
Community Member

Just noticed that when clicking the drop down that shows other items sharing the same password, the entries are not sorted alphabetically. On my Mac, the entries are show up in a random order. Would be great to see these items sorted in the same manner as other 1Password lists.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bdurham - you're quite right. I don't usually have reused passwords myself, and in the rare instances that I do, there haven't been enough of them for me to notice the sort order, but you're definitely correct. I wasn't able to determine what order the ARE in, so it may be entirely random, but I've filed an issue for it to make the developers aware. I can tell you right now that this won't be a high-priority item, so a fix for it may not be forthcoming any time soon, but I've put it on our radar screen. Thanks for mentioning! :)

ref: apple-2766

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member
    Options

I'm in the process of eliminating those re-used passwords (I know, I know!) and hope to finish that effort before you release a fix :) Thanks for the follow-up.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bdurham - hey, I used to re-use passwords myself, once upon a time. I figured, for less-important sites (where I didn't have sensitive information), who cares? It's amazing how far we've all come, since the early days of 1Password. Cheers! :)

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member
    Options

I'm in the process of eliminating those re-used passwords (I know, I know!) and hope to finish that effort before you release a fix :) Thanks for the follow-up.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bdurham - you're quite welcome. Drop by any time if you have questions/issues or just comments. Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.