Chrome Extension No Longer Works After Update

2»

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Glad to hear it. Cheers! :)

• I am having this same issue, although it sometimes seems to stop working in chrome while still working in safari and/or firefox, and I can fix by restarting chrome. Chrome version 71.0.3578.98, MacOS 10.14.2.

I can send diagnostics but not sure if that is useful right now since I just rebooted or if I should wait until I have the issue again? And should I try to keep console open until I have the issue again?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

I am having this same issue, although it sometimes seems to stop working in chrome while still working in safari and/or firefox, and I can fix by restarting chrome. Chrome version 71.0.3578.98, MacOS 10.14.2.

@sbronstein: That is, unfortunately, expected. A pending Chrome update invalidates its code signature, which breaks the connection to the extension. The only way to resolve that is to restart Chrome to complete the update.

I can send diagnostics but not sure if that is useful right now since I just rebooted or if I should wait until I have the issue again? And should I try to keep console open until I have the issue again?

A diagnostics report is a snapshot of when it's created, so it wouldn't help at this point. If you do encounter an issue which is not resolved by restarting though, definitely send one so we can take a look. Hopefully you won't encounter further trouble though. :)

2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file