Question about adding people to family member

leonhart1981
leonhart1981
Community Member

If I add a person (my girl friend) to my family account, does she need to pay the subscription on her own?

After I invited her to my family account and she accept and I also did the confirmation on my end. Then, she created her main password and got her secret code already. She then download the app for her MacBook Pro. After installation, what does she need to do? Sign in using her 1Password account???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

@leonhart1981

As long as she is a member of your family account, then no she would not need to pay the subscription on her end. You account would cover the both of you. Up to the account user limit, and after that you can still add others for an additional fee. So yeah she's covered.
    Yes, she would sign in with her account.

• leonhart1981
    leonhart1981
    Community Member

@thightower

Noted with thanks. She is now signing to her account and download the app to her MacBook Air. However, something is not right with it.

1. When she login to her account such as gmail and hotmail, 1Password didn't ask her to save her login credential.

2. Nothing happened when she click the Command + \ keys (by default, I didn't change anything for the shortcut keys)

3. She even installed the extension for Safari, but when click the small icon on the browser, the 1Password's window pop in a sec then disappear.

I did uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but same thing happened. What should I do next? Please help!!!!

• Hello @leonhart1981 ,

Sounds like something went wrong with the 1Password app. When she opens 1Password7 For MacOS does it also close right away?

Please have her generate a diagnostics report and send it into our support team so they can take a look at what's going on there.

Instructions on generating a diagnostics report can be found here: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Also, it should be noted that the 1Password extension for Safari requires the desktop app for MacOS to be installed and set up. If she doesn't have the desktop app, she should set that up first.

This discussion has been closed.