To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Refund Membership

Options
goodgoed
goodgoed
Community Member

I was using free trial version of 1password, and I just noticed that it automatically paid. I sent an email in the day when the paid version starts, but I still did not get a response. Can I get a refund of that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @goodgoed, thank you for getting in touch with us, our refund policy is that we are unable to offer refunds for past purchases or for time left on account. However it is the season of goodwill and I have issued you with a refund. :+1: :chuffed:

As you have cancelled your payment, the account will become 'frozen' as you're outside of your 1Password account trial period.
    You will be able to continue to access your data, but it will be in a read-only state until you activate your membership again.

Best wishes,

• FMaharg
    FMaharg
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @Doodler_Benji . Just like the "goodgoed" customer, I briefly tried the free trial version of 1password - and quickly decided it was not for me. Without any notice from the company that the "trial" period was ending, I noticed that it was automatically charged to my credit card. I did not and do not wish to continue the account or use the product. I sent an email to the 1Password support email requesting a refund and cancelation the very same day that I saw the invoice (ie., the same day I was charged). They sent a reply email that said they could not refund due to policy, but I'm hoping you can process the refund for me as you did iwth "goodgoed" above. Please refund and cancel, thanks so much! For reference, here's the Invoice ID: in_1DiTfMHBax7L5HDfduaYx0q6. Thank you!

• Hi @FMaharg - I cannot make any promises as i see you're already speaking with a colleague of mine. Lets keep the conversation going over there to see what we can do.

Happy holidays to you.

• FMaharg
    FMaharg
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Doodler_Benji , I appreciate anything you can do, thanks so much for your help with this! Happy holidays to you too.

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.