Migrating from version 6 to 1Password 7 for Mac

I am a user of 1Password 6 for the Mac. I am ready to buy or subscribe to 1Password 7, (for Mac) but I am hitting some obstacles. After downloading 1Password 7, and trying to buy, I am asked to create a new master password "Create Your Master Password", which doesn't sound like something I want to do. I already have a master password, which 1Password 7 knows perfectly well, since it lets me open my existing vault in read-only mode. I was expecting something to let me import my existing information, not start all over again.

Also, I want to sign up for the family plan, but only the individual plan seems to be offered in the process. I don't want to proceed until I understand what's happening and I can be sure I will end up with the plan I want.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• robrob Agile Customer Care

Team Member

Hi, @ajmexico.

We'll be changing the wording there to something like "Enter your Master Password", but what you're seeing are the set-up screens for the new account you're creating. You can enter your existing Master Password, though, and we encourage you to do that. You will have the opportunity to import your existing information once the new account is set up.

You can set up a family account by signing up here instead: https://1password.com/sign-up/. Once you've set up your account, you'll be able to add it to 1Password on your Mac and move your information over.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file