Autofill password fit WiFi

Options
andredewaard
andredewaard
Community Member

While entering my password when I try to connect to WiFi I can only choose for logins. I don’t see the saved passwords for the WiFi logins I have. I have marked then as WiFi logins in the 1Password app. When I mark them as logins they will probably show up.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

iOS 12 Password Autofill only works with logins. It has no concept of other item types 1Password supports. So you'd need to copy and paste in that case. If it's something you need to sign into frequently, you may want to save the credentials as a Login item instead so iOS can use it.

• DarkOne
    DarkOne
    Community Member
    Options

Don't know how it works under the hood, but it would be nice if the iOS version of 1Password treated Wireless logins as regular logins for this use case. I understand that it's probably an infrequent use case, but it would make things more seamless.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DarkOne: 1Password understands Wireless Router items. iOS does not; it supports login credentials consisting of a URL, username, and password. But if you save your Wi-Fi password as a Login item, iOS 12 Password Autofill will allow you to search for it when connecting. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.