icon in taskbar is incorrect

mtissington
mtissington
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The icon in the task bar is not a 1Password icon - instead it is an icon for a blank document.

1Password Version: 7.3.612
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (latest)
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Have you tried clicking it? It sounds like a broken shortcut. The install location has changed in the beta, so you may want to search for 1Password in the Start menu and pin the current version instead.

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

It’s not a broken shortcut ... it only is present when 1Password app is visible ... and if I click it it either restores or hides the app.
    It is the 1Password app, just with the wrong icon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, thanks for clarifying. It sounds like Windows isn't caching the icon properly for some reason. I'd try uninstalling the app and then installing it again. Hopefully that will get Windows to grab it. :)

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

thanks but been there done that - still wrong icon ..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Well, thanks for trying. We'll see if there's anything we can do to try to trigger and update. I'm glad though if everything else is smooth for you in the beta. Thanks for participating! :)

• @mtissington can you share screenshot of that icon? And which build of Windows 10 you are using (stable/insider)?

I've never heard of such issue before and I know for sure we don't have "document" icon in there, we have only one icon resource in the app.

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

Im using 7.3.612 -

• wow, i'm really interested how to reproduce that... thanks a lot, we will keep an eye on it!

This discussion has been closed.