To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

cannot recover my membership or secret key now I have Mojave on iOS?

Options
shunter
shunter
Community Member

I have used 1Password for many years on Mac and iPhone and a subscription to my Microsoft laptop. New Mojave iOS and I'm now being asked for a Secret key and its so secret I cannot find it????
I also do not seem to be able to enter my 1Password Account - but I have checked my email address and it is known and I receive update emails.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: ??
OS Version: iOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:cannot recover my membership now I have Mojave on iOS?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @shunter

If you're using a 1Password subscription membership each device that you're signed into 1Password on will have a copy of your Secret Key, and it can be recovered from there:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code | 1Password

Once you get logged in I would highly recommend printing an Emergency Kit:

Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• shunter
    shunter
    Community Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Nope I have checked all devices and the combined key for Mac and Microsoft in the invoice I received in 2015 does not work. Had the same problem in 2016.
    Every device is telling me I have no account. But I opened tAgileBits 1 Password in 2015 and have emails but no Key.

• Ben
    Options

Then you don't have an account. :) It is very possible to use 1Password without one. Accounts are a result of having a 1Password membership subscription. If you aren't paying a subscription fee you don't have an account. Without a membership you'd need to sync through a 3rd party service. Further information can be found here:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.