IOS issue since yesterday

franton
franton
Community Member
edited December 2018 in iOS

I have 1password installed on my iPhone 7 (where touch id is activated) and iPad 2017 (no touch id activated). Since yesterday i can access 1password with my master password on my ipad but not on my iphone (of course same password), where touch id option is not available anymore.
I already uninstalled and reinstalled the app after device restart (as suggested in other forum thread) but it does not work.
A friend is experiencing the same issue on both iphone 7 and ipad air

Any suggestion?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @franton,

Do you have a 1Password membership? If not how are you syncing your 1Password data between your devices?

Ben

• franton
    franton
    Community Member

I do not think I have a membership, sync is via my iCloud account

• franton
    franton
    Community Member

(By the way thanks for this prompt reply ;) )

• Okay, thanks. To confirm you can currently unlock 1Password on your iPad? What happened after you reinstalled 1Password on your iPhone? You attempted to set up syncing via iCloud, and... ? What is the current state on the iPhone?

Please let me know. :)

Ben

• franton
    franton
    Community Member

Indeed, i can access 1password on my ipad.
    On the iphone, after reinstall i detected via the iphone the safe of 1password available on my iCloud but when password is requested it does not accept the passord (i receive a ‘wrong password’ message).

• franton
    franton
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I am actually a bit puzzled: this way I loose the data on my cloud and I do not see how to recover them on the iPhone where I reinstalled the app (so where no data is still available)

• The data won't be erased from your iPad following these instructions: just from iCloud itself. Then you'll set syncing with iCloud up fresh (putting the data that is on the iPad into iCloud). You'll then be able to set up your iPhone to sync with that data in iCloud as well.

Ben

• franton
    franton
    Community Member

Thanks I’ll try this procedure. Is there any possibility to export directly the data from the iPad to a csv file, just in case, to avoid any ‘surprise’ and losing my data completely?
    I do like your app but I find weird this situation in which the access is not allowed on one device on two and would like to avoid taking further risks, as you can imagine.

• There is not, but you can make a backup:

1Password backups

Ben

This discussion has been closed.