Wow. Is this for real?

fcar
fcar
Community Member
edited December 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

For the first time I feel like 1Password for Windows is usable.

The latest update where I can now click on a field to copy the info, I've been begging for that for eons.

I knew it was on the pipeline because I was told but it's something else to actually have it working and usable.

Guys, a job well done!!!!!! Now just have to make it look prettier in the future but the important thing is, the functionality is there.

There is just one last thing that's preventing your product from achieving perfection in my eyes.

On the Mac, you can open the 1P mini and when you mouse over an item it opens a popup that you can anchor, it makes it easy to copy stuff rather than on Windows where you have to right-click and pick either username, password or TOTP. On the Mac you can even press the anchor icon to pin the popup. Is there a technical limitation as to why this is not present on Windows or is it possible but you guys haven't got there yet? Because that would make your app basically achieve parity and it would be amazing.

Oh, and one more thing that would really seal the deal: drag and drop for attachments. When I buy new software I usually get an order confirmation email, an invoice email, a licence key email, etc. It's annoying to have to click the browse button and pick each one by one. Can you guys please allow me to do like on the Mac version where I can just select a bunch of files and drag and drop into the attachment field to save it onto a software licence item.

When there's a problem I always come here to complain but I wanted to say I'm not the kind of person that only complains about things. The team responsible for making the Windows version needs a round of applause. The latest beta app is so much better than it was months ago.

I finally feel like I am starting to get my money's worth.

1Password Version: 7.3.619
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 18298
Sync Type: Folder sync

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2018

Hi @fcar,

Thank you for writing that, it really made us smile!

Anchoring/popping out in a new window is on our list for sure, we like that feature too. We just have not gotten to it yet, we also want to bring the details viewer to 1Password mini just like on macOS and before we do that, we still have to polish the item viewer itself.

Oh, and one more thing that would really seal the deal: drag and drop for attachments.

Yep, definitely coming. We actually have it partially implemented for the Documents already to test it. It looks like this:

• Thank you @fcar , it's really nice to hear that you like it. We'll get the rest done :)

• We shall see more betas then :) Thank you for being with us!

This discussion has been closed.