Post-format, unable to access 1Password

I just formatted my computer. I saved all the 1password files from before, but I am unable to install 1password. I bought the windows apps a few years ago and set it up on my computer. Now when I try to log in I am asked for a login address and secret key, neither of which were ever a thing before.
Of course those login requirements are the same in the browser and when the app is downloaded and intalled, so I just can't access my vault on my PC anymore. Please advise.

Thank you

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @Brick,

Thanks for writing in.

It sounds like you were using 1Password 4 before and you installed 1Password 7 instead, which supports 1Password.com accounts in addition to standalone vaults that you were using in 1Password 4. You can open the same vaults in 1Password 7 if you want, there's an option below the 1Password.com account option on top to sync with your existing vaults:

Note that you would need a separate license to use 1Password 7 for Windows. If you do not wish to upgrade or use 1Password.com account (find out more here), you can find 1Password 4 at the bottom right of the downloads page here to download or you can click this direct link.

The folder you want to open in 1Password 7 or 4 ends with the extension .AgileKeychain or .OPvault.

• @MikeT ,

Thank you for the response. When I search for those extensions, it shows icons, but under the OP3AKF and OP4CKF folders (where the icons are), there is no data file with that extension. Is there something I need to do to reveal those files?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Brick: I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you clarify? In case it helps, OPVault and AgileKeychain vaults are folders. They will look like this:

Each of those is a 1Password vault. I don't know what the other things you're referring to are.

• Hey Brenty,

Sorry for the long delay. So when I look into my saved 1Password data, I don't see any folders with those extensions.
    I just see the what is shown in the first attached image.

However, when I log into dropbox where I believe it syncs my vault between my phone and desktop apps (correct me if I'm wrong there) I can see it in there.

I don't know how to direct the initial "Sync Using Folder" option that MikeT informed me of to the dropbox file.

I'm assuming I need to use the dropbox folders since I can't find the proper folders in my saved data. How should I proceed? Thanks!

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Brick: Your first screenshot, in fact, appears to be the contents of a .agilekeychain vault folder -- probably one of those pictured in the second screenshot. You should select one of those. I just can't tell you what the difference would be since they're yours.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file