Shortened iOS Share URLS

DZSlasher
DZSlasher
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for a number of years and have accumulated a number of logins. I utilize the ability to share logins using the iOS share sheet a large amount. While I understand that this is not the preferred method of sharing passwords, I wanted to understand if there was a way to shorten the 1Password URLs? The URLs tend to very large and could not find a setting where I could adjust the URL length. Any assistance would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @DZSlasher

As the entire unencrypted contents of the item are contained within the URL it would not be possible for us to shorten it without excluding information. I would highly recommend against using a URL shortening service, as then your credentials will be stored in someone else's database unencrypted.

If you plan to share 1Password data with others I'd highly recommend looking into our 1Password Families service. The guest feature may be helpful:

Share with guests in 1Password Families

I'm sorry I don't have the answer you were hoping for but I hope that helps.

Ben

• DZSlasher
    DZSlasher
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I will take a look at 1Password families however I am syncing my data with dropbox and I don't believe that these features are available in my version.

• 1Password Families would be a replacement for syncing 1Password via Dropbox.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.