Watchtower Information is incorrect in macOS

Options
dany20mh
dany20mh
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Mac

So I have the 1Password in both Windows and macOS and the in the macOS it doesn't show all of my weak password and the numbers are incorrect for other category as well too.

1Password Version: 7.2.3.BETA9 (macOS ) , 7.3.619 (Windows)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @dany20mh! Can you tell me what the two vaults in each setup are? Names/locations, and how they're synced? Thanks.

• dany20mh
    dany20mh
    Community Member
    Options
    • I have 2 vault, one for personal and one for work
    • Both sync through the 1Password account
    • Name : Personal and Business
  • Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dany20mh - thanks for the clarification. There are a few things at work here, it seems. One is that you're apparently using beta versions? That will definitely affect some of the counts. There is unfortunately a different algorithm used between 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Mac for reused passwords. We're working to address this, so some of it may be in beta in one version before the other. I'd also be VERY curious to know what the website itself says. That's the canonical copy, both of your data, and of what constitutes "re-used" and other Watchtower categories. Can you sign into your account in a browser at 1password.com and compare it to both of the above counts (from Windows and Mac)? What do you see?

• dany20mh
    dany20mh
    Community Member
    Options

I tried the stable version on the macOS and still same result

Funny thing is the information in the website is match with the Windows version, so there is something going on with the macOS version.

• dany20mh
    dany20mh
    Community Member
    Options

Any update ?!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dany20mh - nothing to add or announce, no. We're working to get the two in line with one another; as you say, the issue seems definitely to be on the Mac side. In the meantime, I'd suggest addressing the flagged items in the app that reports the higher number (your Mac).

This discussion has been closed.