how can i import tab delimited export from previous version

Options
rrose72
rrose72
Community Member

I performed export from v6 I believe before I turned in MAC to get serviced and am trying to import the .txt file in 1pass7, but not sure as import is looking for a backup. Can I get this info imported?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:tab

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @rrose72! Do you still have access to the old 1Password files/setup? I'd strongly suggest trying a different method of export (or even sync), because tab-delimited is certainly not the most robust method we have of doing this. In fact, 1Password does not support tab-delimited import at all; we merely provide it for export if you need your data in this format for other purposes. If you can grab a .1p4_zip backup, that will be the easiest and least error-prone method. Even easier would be if you were syncing your data in 1Password 6 for Mac -- just choose the same sync method when you launch 1Password 7 for Mac. Finally, if you're simply performing an upgrade on the same Mac from 1Password 6 for Mac to 1Password 7 for Mac, it should import your data automatically for you. Can you let me know if any of those are possibilities for you.

This discussion has been closed.