1Password 7.2.2 (mac app store) - Chrome extension not connecting to main app - new macbook pro

upixel
upixel
Community Member

Works fine in Safari. Works fine in Firefox. But it refuses to work on Chrome, or any Chromium browsers (Vivaldi).

I have un-installed, re-installed, rebooted, countless times.

I have opened a ticket 2 weeks ago - with no response from support. #DRS-36866-713.

For the record 1passwordX extension does work - but is not my ideal solution. I cannot use touchID with it, and re-typing my password in it get's a little tedious.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: 1Password Family

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@upixel - I'm sorry for the trouble! We've been experiencing a surge of support requests lately, and although we're working hard to get back to our usual snappy response times, since we answer customer emails in the order we receive them, there has indeed been a bit of a backup lately. I'm sorry for the delay.

Please give these instructions a try, and let me know if that helps any.

ref: DRS-36866-713

• upixel
    upixel
    Community Member

Thank you! That worked. Despite all my googling, I had yet to find those instructions. Will this have to repeated every time Chrome/Chromium updates?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@upixel - heavens, no. :) It should be a one-time thing, caused by...well, I'm not 100% sure of the cause in your case, because it can vary from situation to situation, but the basic idea here is that your NativeMessagingHosts folder (which the local 1Password extension (as opposed to 1Password X) uses to communicate with the 1Password app) wasn't owned (UNIX permissions) by the right people (you as owner, and "staff" as group). There are a number of reasons that might've happened - like if you had imported user accounts from another computer which had different users, etc. But, once fixed, it shouldn't need to be repeated. However, let us know if you have any further issues! :)

This discussion has been closed.