1 Password Not populating certain logins while using 1 password browser

Options
alcaron
alcaron
Community Member

Within the last few days on my Ipad (6th generation) on several of my usual accounts that I always access within the 1 password browser; I am now finding that either the username or password boxes fail to populate. Even when I click on the key icon upper right it fails to populate the empty boxes. When accessing 1 Password on my Iphone it seems to works fine and populates the required boxes as designed.
I also deleted the app from my Ipad and reinstalled, however, it still doesn’t work properly.
Please advise solutions.
Thanks,

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Icloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @alcaron,

Generally we don't recommend using 1Browser anymore. The Password AutoFill feature in iOS 12 is typically considered a superior solution. You can read more about that here:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

That said, it is very strange that it would be functioning differently on one device from the other. Could you please let me know:

• the model # of each device
    • the version of iOS on each device
    • the version of 1Password on each device

Also, could you please confirm that your data is indeed syncing properly between them? If you add a new item on each does it appear on the other?

Please let me know.

Ben

• alcaron
    alcaron
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quck response.

The IPAD is model MPGW2CL/A A1822. Version 12.1 (16B92). Using 1Password version 7.2.4

THe Iphone is a 4S Model MD294 C/A, version 10.3.3(14G60), using 1Password version 6.9.1.
    And yes the data is syncing between the two devices on icloud.
    Thanks,
    Al

• Ben
    Options

Al,

That would explain the difference. There have been a lot of changes between v6.9.1 and v7.2.4. The iPhone isn't going to be capable of the Password AutoFill feature due to its age, but I'd recommend trying that for a better experience on the iPad.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.