Upgrade from 6 to 7 generates many duplicates

gibbledom
gibbledom
Community Member

My original vault had about 400 logins. After upgrading form v6 to 7, I now have on my iOS devices (iPad Pro 2018 and iPhone X) 1,159 logins. It doubled the number of items in Secure Notes and other categories. My Windows upgrade increased the logins 581 but didn’t double the items in other categories.

I just followed the steps in the upgrade. I did’t do anything off script. Can this be fixed? How could you release this version upgrade (with the exaggerated promises of a superior app) when you don’t have a reliable migration path?
Thanks.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.11 iOS, Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Upgrade from 6 to 7 generates many duplicates

Comments

• @gibbledom

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Is it possible you did not complete the migration instructions?

(from https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/ )

These steps are critical to avoid duplicates. Keeping the Primary vault in place will result in the duplication of every item. Please give that a try and let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• gibbledom
    gibbledom
    Community Member

I have five devices: one vault on the two Windows and Mac PCs named Personal. There's no other vault to delete. On my iPhone and iPad, I have two: Personal and Primary (under the "On My iphone" or "On My iPad"). Do I need to delete the Primary vault? Will that cure the duplicates on the Windows and Mac vaults?
    Thanks.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@gibbledom: When you migrate your data to your 1Password account, we offer you to remove your old Primary vault automatically. If you cancelled that dialog, you will need to remove it manually.

I will be happy to help you in this situation, so I just sent an email to you. Please check your inbox and let's continue our conversation there, so we could avoid any further confusion. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• gibbledom
    gibbledom
    Community Member

Deleting the old Primary vault solved the problem on the iOS devices.
    Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Merry Christmas! :)

• SFJerry
    SFJerry
    Community Member

I have a similar problem, 1753 items in 6, 3193 items in 7 (many of which are old, and some are not current - including the old vault), but the "old vault" in 7 only reflects 1552 items, very frustrating

• Hi @SFJerry

I'm sorry for the trouble. If you've got multiple vaults with the same contents then you'll have duplicates when viewing All Vaults. I'd recommend removing the "Primary" vault if you've successfully migrated to 1Password.com. You should be able to verify migration was successful by logging in at https://my.1password.com/ and viewing your Personal/Private vault there.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.