How do I see how and where my 1password account is backed up to? I can't find it in Preferences.

Options
Iamnobodi
Iamnobodi
Community Member

So the title pretty much says it all. How can I locate my backup file, and where it is backed up to. Previously it was backed up to iCloud. But I now want to swtich the back up to an external disk instead of a Cloud.

Kindly advise on how to do this.

Thank you

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Iamnobodi - short answer: if you have a 1password.com membership, you can't. Slightly longer answer: the "canonical" version of your 1password.com account data is on the 1password.com servers themselves. However, the internal SQLite database within each 1Password app itself is your local cache/backup. If we were to go poof as a company tomorrow, or Amazon's AWS servers were to go down (that's what we use for actual hosting), you would still have your data, usable as always. Changes would be made locally until such time as the servers were back online to sync with again. In a worst-case scenario (we go poof, permanently), you'd be able to create local, standalone vaults, transfer your information into them, and continue right along -- or even export your data for use in another solution.

If you have only standalone data, then your backups are where they've always been -- check Preferences > Backups and click "Show Files" if you want to see the actual backups.

This discussion has been closed.