Using 1PasswordX on Chromebook and 1Password on Windows Machine

Testing out a Chromebook for my company. Can I install 1PasswordX on the Chromebook and have it sync with my Windows version? I don't want to mess up my windows version (and Chrome extension) on my Windows 10 laptop

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DCB: Yep! That's exactly what 1Password X was created for, since you can't run one of our other apps on Chrome OS, Linux, or restricted work machines. That and all of the rest of the apps is included in a 1Password membership subscription, and all you need to do is install them and sign into your account to access your data. There's no sync configuration required. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• DCB
    DCB
    Community Member

So it did exactly what I didn't want it to do. It replaced my extension on my Windows machine with the X version. Now my windows version of 1Password doesn't have the extension that I was using. 1PasswordX sync's with Team version but not my Windows version. The extension that came with the windows app version, not only sync'd with my windows app of 1Password but my Team version as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DCB: You can re-enable or re-install the 1Password desktop extension if you want to. And while 1Password X works only with 1Password.com accounts, the desktop app/extension supports those and standalone/local vaults:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

It sounds like that will be the better fit for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.