The latest version of Brave requires 1Password 7

Options
marty_b
marty_b
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Mac

The 1Password extension does not work with the latest version of Brave but it used to. When clicking on the extension there are no options to login into websites or lookup passwords. There is only a message about the desktop app being required which opens 1Password.com if clicked on.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• marty_b
    marty_b
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like the attached.

• marty_b
    marty_b
    Community Member
    Options

This is still an issue as of today with: extension version 4.7.3.90, and Brave Version 0.58.16 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit).

• marty_b
    marty_b
    Community Member
    Options

So contrary to many other threads, this means make users of 1Password6 and Brave browser are just screwed?

• marty_b
    marty_b
    Community Member
    Options

Is 1Password 7 available as a purchase and not subscription product at all?

I would love to upgrade but this "subscription" bs is totally unacceptable.

1Password Version: 7.x
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: macOS 10.14.2
    Sync Type: iCloud

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2018
    Options

@marty_b

Did you also email us about this issue? If so could you please provide the support ID associated with that email?

The latest Brave integration requires 1Password 7 for Mac. You can read about the upgrade options here:

Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac

Ben

• This discussion was created from comments split from: No filling in Brave with 1Password 7 for Mac.
  • This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password 6 for Mac incompatible with Brave browser.
  • marty_b
    marty_b
    Community Member
    Options

No. How do I buy it without subscribing to it? The whole organization of the website is incredibly confusing and just plain terrible for people that just want to buy instead of "subscribe". Totally unclear about how to buy and what the cost is. When one clicks on "pricing" one is only presented with monthly fees. Very disappointed how much time I've had to spend trying to figure this out and I still don't know.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2018
    Options

You did not email about this? That's a bit odd as I'm looking at an email with almost the exact same wording as your post, with the same screenshot, that was sent just 6 minutes before you started this thread. Coincidence, I guess. :)

The link I posted above explains how to purchase a license for 1Password 7:

If you purchased a license for 1Password for Mac on or after March 27, 2018, your license also applies to 1Password 7. If you purchased a license before then, you’ll see two options in the app when you upgrade:

• Try a 1Password membership free for 30 days, which includes 1Password 7.
    • Purchase a license for 1Password 7 for Mac.

To get started, download 1Password 7 and install it.

Licenses are normally $65 USD but are currently on sale for a limited time for $50 USD (not including any applicable taxes).

Ben

• marty_b
    marty_b
    Community Member
    Options

Once it's downloaded, how do I buy it?

Yes sorry about the year old thread, i was looking in my history and clicked on the wrong one. Just goes to show that a year ago I tried to do the same thing and just gave up on it.

This is a really bad user experience for anybody that doesn't want a subscription.

I also have a membership account through a company but I want to have a license in case I should stop working with the company. Is this not possible? Do I have to wait for a company to cancel my membership and then I will get a popup about having to buy a license or resubscribe?

Sure is hard to just give you guys money.

• Ben
    Options

It isn't possible to purchase a license while signed into a membership account, no, but having one does mean you can install 1Password 7 without any additional cost. Alternatively, if you're set on purchasing a license, you'd need to remove any membership accounts from 1Password and then install v7. You could then re-add the accounts once you've made the purchase.

Ben

• ErikD
    ErikD
    Community Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

I seem(ed) to be having a problem similar to what churna reported in the last post. Migrating from standalone 1Password 6 to 1Password 7 subscription, I am now running 1Password 7 version 7.2.5 (70205002) on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G6030) with Brave version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit) and the same configuration on the latest version of MacOS on a different computer, which had the same problem. When clicking the 1Password extension icon in Brave, briefly a 1Password window was raised, but it did not present a window that allowed me to fill in information in my browser window. Later I found out that only after completely removing the 1Password 6 application it started working for me. I suggest the 1Password team includes information on this in the support information as it seems maintaining the two applications in parallel is causing issues.

(EDIT): this is with Chrome extension 4.7.3.90 installed

• ErikD
    ErikD
    Community Member
    Options

Adding to my post above, interestingly enough the combination does not (yet) work for me on the other computer.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hey @ErikD

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. If you're still having trouble with the one computer I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from it:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/99507/the-latest-version-of-brave-requires-1password-7#latest
    • Your forum username: ErikD

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

ref: CGQ-67559-969

• ErikD
    ErikD
    Community Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

@Ben thanks for the quick response. I just sent the requested diagnostics but did not get a support ID number.

ref: CGQ-67559-969

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ErikD! Thank you for sending the diagnostic report. I see that Michael has already replied to your email, so let's continue the conversation over there to avoid duplicating efforts.

This discussion has been closed.