Standalone version for mac and iphone

It's time to upgrade the version 4 of 1Password I use on my mac and iphone, but I see Agilebits has now switched to a subscription model. From reading the forum, it appears it might be still possible to get a standalone (non-subscription) license for the mac, but it isn't clear to me if it's possible to do so for the iphone version. The responses from Agilebits on this topic often use the word "marketing", which is an ambiguous term in this context, hence my confusion.

My question is: is it possible to get non-subscription version 7 licenses for both MacOS and IOS?

I fully understand your reasons for switching to a subscription model. In return, please understand I would prefer to not use a subscription license and please do not challenge me on this point. I apologize for mentioning this, but it seems like discussions on this topic often devolve into debates about whether the customer should be asking for this or not.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: lan

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@wasnothere: It's pretty straightforward. We just don't have 1Password offer you a "standalone" purchase option unless you're actually using the app with only a local vault. It would be bad if people were purchasing that if they already have a membership, as it would already be included. The you just go to Settings and do the in-app purchase for the Pro Features upgrade. If you've already paid for that though, you won't have that option. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• That's good news, thanks (and thanks for working on a sunday!).

• Just to make sure I understand...will I be able to sync via wlan to 1Password version 6 running on a mac after I upgrade to version 7 on my iPhone and purchase the pro features? I want to make sure since there's no way to undo upgrading 1Password on an iOS device.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

As of writing: yes. That said we do not guarantee indefinite backwards compatibility with previous versions. We'd highly recommend upgrading to 1Password 7 for Mac for the best experience.

Ben

• I have a login on my iPhone which isn't showing up on my Mac. Instructions tell me to choose the Sync on the Preferences. I don't find a Sync on my Preferences on my Mac.!

Instructions:

• Here are the Preferences on my iPhone:

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Are you signed into a 1Password account (look in the 'accounts' tab)? If you are the sync preferences will be unavailable. If your intention is to use a 1Password account then you should be signed into that account on each device, which will cause all of your data to be available on those devices. If your intention is to use standalone vaults and sync via a 3rd party service you'll need to sign out of the account.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file