I'm not sure if I started observing this only on December 22 or if it started slightly earlier. Certainly not a week, though.
Some time quite recently, the 1password X plugin started locking itself extremely frequently. This is contrary to my configuration (auto-lock on sleep, 999 minutes). Pulling open the Chrome developer console on the
_generated_background_page.html I see frequent (every few minutes) pages of runtime errors and "[OP] Locked at ." I've had to disable auto-lock for now and that seems to have prevented the problem. I also went ahead and disabled Chrome's extension sync, which I had seen discussed in another forum thread, in case that was related to the behavior.
The exceptions are all of the form "Unchecked runtime.lastError while running contextMenus.create: Cannot create item with duplicate id ; at p.addItems.e [as addItems]; at chrome.contextMenus.removeAll."
I am currently using Chrom(ium) version 68.0.3440.106.
Please let me know if I can help provide any diagnostic / root cause this problem. I'd prefer to re-enable auto-lock but not at the cost of unlocking every 2 minutes.
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: X 1.13.1
OS Version: FreeBSD 13-CURRENT
Sync Type: Not Provided