1Password X 1.13.1 now locks when device locks - unwanted new feature!

Options

Hi,

I note from your recent release notes that 1Password X 1.13.1 now locks whenever the device locks. This is behaviour I do not want.

I previously had 1Password to lock on sleep or overnight (i.e. on the idle setting), but I don't want to unlock it every time my PC is locked because my work environment means I have to lock my PC whenever I'm away from my desk. I view this as the appropriate balance between usability and security.

Could you please add an option to enable/disable lock on device lock, as this 'improvement' has actually disabled a feature I was using!

Thanks
Simon

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know. All of the feedback I've seen in this area has specifically been expecting/requesting this behaviour, but it's something we'll continue to evaluate. :)

• switkiss
    switkiss
    Community Member
    Options

When a feature doesn't exist, you tend to only receive feedback for it - i.e. you won't hear feedback from people who are quite happy the feature doesn't exist. Hopefully the new behaviour will generate vocal support for the previous behaviour.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

When a feature doesn't exist, you tend to only receive feedback for it - i.e. you won't hear feedback from people who are quite happy the feature doesn't exist.

That certainly seems logical, but you'd be surprised. :) We get all kinds -- including feature requests for features that already exist!

Hopefully the new behaviour will generate vocal support for the previous behaviour.

We're definitely listening to feedback, or we wouldn't have taken the time to add this in the first place. Only time will tell. :chuffed:

• switkiss
    switkiss
    Community Member
    Options

Think this has been fixed now by sorting out the 'locking after 5mins behaviour' in the other thread. I assume it was that issue that was triggering 1Password to lock, and I assumed it was the PC locking. Indeed, from this behaviour, I assume the 1Password auto-lock only triggers on the device locking AND the number of idle minutes passing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Aha! Thanks for the update. Indeed, sorry for misunderstanding what you were looking for. I'm glad all is well for you now. :)

This discussion has been closed.