Failure to upgrade to 7.2.4 (think the the update designation was that)

ulbn
ulbn
Community Member

I just received the upgrade notification, but I think that download was successful but installtion was not...

The following error message was shown:

If your Swedish language is not quite up to date, the message says " The version number for the installed programme couldn´t be found..."

What to do for me??
ulbn

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: ??
OS Version: OS 10.14.2 Mojave
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:update of 1Password7

Comments

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member

It seem to be working now, after I rebooted my laptop after switching off the autofill function iCloud Key Ring)

However another problem occured - on my 2 other Apple units, my iPhone and iPad were before in sync with my MBP laptop in 1Password7, and login was very practical with thumbprint on both the iPhone 6s and the iPad mini4. On the iPhone it still works fine, but did I unintendedly do something wrong during iPad login, since now it asks me for 3 variables, i.e. e-mailaddress, master password AND Secret Key - I tried the login with the Secret Key from my MacBookPro laptop, but access due to false secret key was denied. Does my iPad have its own Secret Key in 1Password 7?? Not the same Secret Key for all 3 units? Very awkward!
    ulbn

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member

Funny - by clicking on an old notification e-mal I received some time last week, I was just now able to login instantly without typing e-mail address, master password and Secret Key - so why was I unable to login with via the 1Password app and thumbprint earlier today and then required to fill in the three variables email-address, master password and Secret Keyn on my iPad???

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure I follow. It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault. You mentioned using iCloud to sync. That wouldn't be at all involved with a 1Password membership. Let me know the specifics if you still need help with something!

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply dear brenty...yes, I might really have messed up myself, since i am kind of new both on Mac and also 1Password, which I haven´t figured out how to use practically yet to it´s full extent. And I reckon I must certainly have a membership, since I am paying a monthly fee, right?

I did get an answer here, but in another thread, perhaps a couple of weeks ago, that the iCloud Key Ring function might sometimes "collide" if the autofill in Safari is enabled. That might also confuse things for me.

I signed up for 1Password (version 6?) a little over a year ago, but the let it "rest" (didn´t use or activate it since I wasn´t sure if it was what I needed) and the decided to be fully participating this fall 2018, and got me the membership and 1Password 7. Now I am paying the montly cost automaticlly.

**Is it possible that I have the older 1Password (version 6) still on my iPhone and iPad, but the newest 1Password7 on my MacBookPro, however with the thre units still in sync?? **

I very much appreciate your attempt to help me, but perhaps I have to work more on my undertanding of this software (appears to be exellent but sometimes difficult to learn)...

I suggest that you answer only my 2 boldly written paragraphs above for the time being - then I will be back with hopefully more intelligent questions later on..!
    OK?
    Merry Xmas!
    ulbn

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your reply dear brenty...yes, I might really have messed up myself, since i am kind of new both on Mac and also 1Password, which I haven´t figured out how to use practically yet to it´s full extent. And I reckon I must certainly have a membership, since I am paying a monthly fee, right?

@ulbn: Yes, that sounds right.

I did get an answer here, but in another thread, perhaps a couple of weeks ago, that the iCloud Key Ring function might sometimes "collide" if the autofill in Safari is enabled. That might also confuse things for me.

That's correct. We generally recommend turning off things like that, at least in the browser, since it can cause a lot of confusion:

https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

For example, "Where do I have those login credentials saved, in 1Password or somewhere else?" Also, it's pretty difficult to export data from there, and if you use non-Apple devices at all iCloud Keychain will not be available to you on those. Just a few things to consider.

I signed up for 1Password (version 6?) a little over a year ago, but the let it "rest" (didn´t use or activate it since I wasn´t sure if it was what I needed) and the decided to be fully participating this fall 2018, and got me the membership and 1Password 7. Now I am paying the montly cost automaticlly.

Got it. :+1:

**Is it possible that I have the older 1Password (version 6) still on my iPhone and iPad, but the newest 1Password7 on my MacBookPro, however with the thre units still in sync?? **

Yes, but we do recommend staying up to date for compatibility and other improvements. 1Password 6 is no longer being developed, so you'll be missing out on anything new we add or fix unless you update. And if you're also running an out of date OS, you will be exposed to known security vulnerabilities that have already been fixed in later releases. So it's best to update.

I very much appreciate your attempt to help me, but perhaps I have to work more on my undertanding of this software (appears to be exellent but sometimes difficult to learn)...

No worries! That's what we're here for. Happy to answer any questions you have about 1Password. :)

I suggest that you answer only my 2 boldly written paragraphs above for the time being - then I will be back with hopefully more intelligent questions later on..! OK?

Absolutely. I'll backtrack to try to address what you wrote earlier:

However another problem occured - on my 2 other Apple units, my iPhone and iPad were before in sync with my MBP laptop in 1Password7, and login was very practical with thumbprint on both the iPhone 6s and the iPad mini4. On the iPhone it still works fine, but did I unintendedly do something wrong during iPad login, since now it asks me for 3 variables, i.e. e-mailaddress, master password AND Secret Key - I tried the login with the Secret Key from my MacBookPro laptop, but access due to false secret key was denied. Does my iPad have its own Secret Key in 1Password 7?? Not the same Secret Key for all 3 units? Very awkward!

ulbn

The Secret Key belongs to your 1Password membership subscription account, so you should use the same one on all your devices to sign in, along with your email address and Master Password. If any of those are incorrect, it won't work. Make sure you also use the correct Sign In Address. For an individual 1Password membership, that will always be my.1password.com though, so that may be the easiest. Have you signed up for more than one 1Password account?

Merry Xmas!

Merry Christmas to you too! :chuffed:

• ulbn
    ulbn
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty!
    On my iPhoe 6s and my iPad mini4 I have iOS 12.1.2 installed, and OS Mojave on my MBP laptop.
    Is there an 1Password7 app especially for the mobile units iPhone and iPad?
    /B

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ulbn: Sure thing! You can get all of the apps from the (aptly named) Get the Apps page in your account on 1Password .com:

https://start.1password.com/apps

Or you can go directly to its App Store page:

https://itunes.apple.com/mn/app/1password-password-manager/id568903335?mt=8

That link will take you right there on your iOS devices. :)

This discussion has been closed.