I have 1password 6 & 7 and I have ended up with two different files

Options
gzamba
gzamba
Community Member

I have 1password 6 and I recently upgraded to 1password 7. For some reason during the upgrade process I ended up with two different files both on dropbox.
My iphone which runs 1password 7 is syncing with 1 password 7 on the mac, but a lot of entries have gone to the 1 password 6 database.
How can I merge the two or import the 1password 6 database into 1password 7?

1Password Version: 7.2.2 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.13.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gzamba: You weren't specific, but my guess is that the "two different files" is the old AgileKeychain vault (which version 6 and earlier used) and a new OPVault (which version 7 requires). Is that correct? If so, doesn't the OPVault have all of your data in it?

• gzamba
    gzamba
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply!. Actually, I have two opvault files since I upgraded the agilekeychain 1p6 used...
    No, the newest one did not contain all the entries tje old one did... for some reason the iphone version of 1p7 used the older file, so wvwrything that was entered in the iohone ended up on the older file 1p6 was using and everything that was entered on the mac using the 1p7 ended up on the newer file.
    Since there was no way to merge the two or import the older file into 1p7 on the mac, I shared the individual entries using airdrop and then forced all versions of 1p to use the same, newer, opvault file

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gzamba: Thanks for letting me know. It sounds like maybe you already copied what you needed manually. But if you need to, you can always disable sync and then import all the data from the AgileKeychain into a new OPVault. Let me know if you still need help.

This discussion has been closed.