Payment Method

Dear 1Password Support Team,

just wanted to know if there is any other billing method than Credit Card?
I don't own one and I'd like to pay directly to you without going via Apple.
Is there any way to pay via PayPal?

Thanks in advance.

-remo

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• XIIIXIII
    edited December 2018

Gift Cards can be bought via PayPal (and then used to subscribe):

https://1password.com/giftcards/

Please note that they only seem to work for 1Password.com subscriptions (not for standalone licenses?).

• remo10remo10
    edited December 2018

Great idea. Thanks. But when I chose 50 bucks there‘s some credit left?! What to do with it?

There will always be some credit left year for year.

A Paypal link would be much better...

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@remo10: When using a gift card, any remaining balance will carry over so you can use it toward the next billing cycle.

PayPal is a payment option through Apple, or for buying gift cards. We do not directly take payment through PayPal. That's a bag of hurt. So we leave that to others. We'll continue to evaluate options in case it changes over time though.

• Thank you for your reply. I am still on testing Mode. I Downloaded 1Pw from the website. How can i switch to the AppStore Version?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@remo10: Just drag any 1Password app you have installed now to the Trash, restart your Mac, and then install 1Password from the App Store. Then you can sign into your 1Password.com account in the app, and it will have all the data you've saved in your account. :)

• Thank you. I‘ll try it.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Sounds good. Here if you need anything else. :) :+1:

• Hey Brenty,

I'd like to use this opportunity to say sorry for some of my pevious posts.
    In the past I had some issues using 1Password with its membership.
    My posts and mails were not very polite and tehrefore I want to say sorry!

I am back to 1PW now because I realized that 1PW is the most advanced, seamless and reliable password manager out there.
    I've been using 1PW for years and never wanted really to change. But the upgrade to the membership caused some problems that could not got solved in a way I imagined. I'm sorry for my impatience.

There are still some inconsistencies in the Windows app ("Passwort" changes to "password" when editing a login item, Passwords are not syntax-highlighted, markdown in Notes fields are not working, to mention some) <- can you say something about that? Maybe any ETA of fixing?

But, I recognized that there's going on some stuff at 1Password (frequent updates, audits, podcasts).
    btw: how can I reach the guys from the podcast "Random but Memorable"?
    I'd like to give some feedback.

Regarding my current problem:
    I trashed the App on my Mac and downloaded the AppStore version.
    Where can I subscribe now? Do I have to do it via the iOS app?

-remo

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@remo10: That's very kind of you! Thank you. All is forgiven, and likewise I'm sorry that you had a frustrating experience in the first place. I think we all want the same thing: to have 1Password be the best it can be. We'll keep working to improve it, and I'm happy to help in any way I can in the mean time. :)

To address your specific comments/questions:

There are still some inconsistencies in the Windows app ("Passwort" changes to "password" when editing a login item,

Could you please take a screenshot of where you're seeing that? It's possible that it isn't something that can be modified yet, but that will help me make sure I'm looking for the right thing so that we can get it addressed in an update. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

Passwords are not syntax-highlighted,

Similarly, if you could clarify what you're referring to here, I'll be glad to look into it to see what we can do. If it's a feature the new Windows app just does not have yet, I can at least let the development team know your request.

markdown in Notes fields are not working, to mention some) <- can you say something about that? Maybe any ETA of fixing?

1Password for Windows has never had Markdown support, so it isn't a bug. But we do want to add that feature in an update. We don't give time frames since development priorities can change if there are more pressing matters (e.g. our recent focus on making the app more efficient under the hood for performance), but I'll let the team know you're anxious for this feature too.

But, I recognized that there's going on some stuff at 1Password (frequent updates, audits, podcasts). btw: how can I reach the guys from the podcast "Random but Memorable"? I'd like to give some feedback.

Here is fine, but the best place is on Twitter. Either way, we'll be glad for any feedback you have, whether it's specific to the podcast, about 1Password, or about security in general.

Regarding my current problem: I trashed the App on my Mac and downloaded the AppStore version. Where can I subscribe now? Do I have to do it via the iOS app?

If you signed up for the account through the app on an Apple device, you'll have the option to subscribe through Apple right in the app. If you signed up through the website, you'll need to subscribe there.

Anyway, I hope you're having a wonderful holiday season. We've got a lot of great stuff we're looking forward in 2019. I look forward to hearing back from you about all of this. :)

• remo10remo10
    edited January 10

Hi Brent,

thank you very much for your detailed reply.
    Some of the above points are gone now in v7.3 for Windows - no need to act here.

If you signed up for the account through the app on an Apple device, you'll have the option to subscribe through Apple right in the app. If you signed up through the website, you'll need to subscribe there.

But I am still facing problems when I want to pay via the Mac AppStore Version -
    there's no option to activate the membership. I'd also like to pay annual.
    When trying to subscribe via my iOS devices, only mothly is provided.

Or maybe there's another way to subscribe directly via AgileBits (bypass Apple) without using a credit card?!

I read PayPal won't work?!
    Giftcards aren't optimal, because there will always remain some credit.

-remo

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@remo10

But I am still facing problems when I want to pay via the Mac AppStore Version -
    there's no option to activate the membership. I'd also like to pay annual.
    When trying to subscribe via my iOS devices, only mothly is provided.

Yep; with 1Password subscriptions through Apple you have to select a monthly subscription first and then you can switch to an annual one:

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Or maybe there's another way to subscribe directly via AgileBits (bypass Apple) without using a credit card?!

Gift cards and credit cards are the only options for subscribing directly. We'd love to offer more options here, but adding more options requires adding a fair bit of complexity to our code that handles subscriptions. It is something we may pursue in the future, but I can't make any promises.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file