reinstall stuck at sub screen

I started the eval of 1Password 7 a few days ago, and had to wipe and reinstall OSX today. Why I install 1P again from the app store and launch it, it prompts me to start a 30 day eval. I then enter my App Store pass, and am told I already have a sub. 1P is stuck at the new sub splash screen, spinning the progress wheel, and won't get anywhere. I'd like to get this installed so I can start importing old data and get on with my work.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• I've tried other options in the initial sub screen and have been able to import all my old data from version 6. However, in order to use the browser extension etc I'm still being prompted for my 1Password.com account info. I don't know the secret key/password/whatever because that info was only on my previous OS install, which is lost to hardware failure. How can I reset the password so I can continue my eval?

I have been using 1P from early days and would rather not have to switch to a different product.

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@markrv - you can't just reset the password and neither can we; if that were possible it would be a big security hole. If you didn't keep a copy of your Emergency Kit from your existing 1Password account and you don't know the Secret Key (or the Master Password, or both), then that data will be unrecoverable, unfortunately. However, we can still help you delete your previous account, which will free up your email address and allow you to create a new one. We don't discuss those details in this public forum, however, so if you'll shoot a quick email to [email protected], we'll be able to assist you there. Thanks! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file