mini settings "lock after system is idle for" resets to 10 minute default

rfusil
rfusil
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Families

In mini settings I increased the minutes in "lock after system is idle for". However, it reset to 10 minutes default on the next new session. Is there a way to save my change?

Also, when I turned "on" the "Make 1Password the default password manager" button, that resets to the default "off" on every new session.

Lastly, I added minutes to "auto-lock" in the 1password accounts under my profile. However, that also resets to the 10 minute default.

Appreciate your help.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: Family
Referrer: forum-search:mini settings "lock after system is idle for" resets to 10 minute default

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rfusil: You're not using 1Password mini. You've installed 1Password X and made that your default in the browser. There's nothing wrong with that, and you may like it if you give it a chance. But if you prefer to use the 1Password desktop extension in conjunction with the app (so they share settings) you should remove 1Password X and install the desktop extension instead:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• drrich711
    drrich711
    Community Member

Hi-I am having the same issue with my Mac. Requires signing in again after 10 minutes of activity. Using OS 10.14.5
    At the risk of sounding dumb, I would like to use the desktop extension as suggested above. My question is that I have 1Password 7, not X. What do I do to remove what I need to remove and use the desktop extension instead? Thank you. Entering the master password every 1O minutes is a pain!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@drrich711: What do you have installed in your web browser currently? Please let me know the version number.

• drrich711
    drrich711
    Community Member

Here is where I am. I don't think I have anything loaded, no browser extension, etc. One Password 7.3 is installed. See the screenshot. My objective is to make my life as easy as possible, and to NOT require a password after every 10 minutes of inactivity. Tell me what to do. Thanks.!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@drrich711: What screenshot?

Anyway, without the 1Password desktop extension installed in your browser, you won't be able to access your data there without signing into the 1Password.com web interface...and then you'd have a completely separate unlock timer to the desktop app. I'd encourage you to install the desktop extension:

https://1password.com/downloads/#browsers

That shares settings with the desktop app, and this will give you a good overview of using it:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.