Enable 1password in Safari prompt box

telUK
telUK
Community Member

Hi

Every time I log into my user on mac, I get a little box in top right corner saying Enable 1Password in safari with close or enable buttons.

Odd thing is that its already enabled in Safari as I can use it still if I just leave the prompt alone.

Any ideas why its asking me this?

Regards and Happy New Year

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Can delete this seen its a known issue, sorry.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@telUK: Happy New Year to you as well! Can you tell me which versions of macOS, Safari, and 1Password you have installed?

• Regent12
    Regent12
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

EDIT: I found the other thread discussing this, sorry... didn't show up on my first search. I'll follow that thread!
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/99173/prompted-to-enable-1password-in-safari-but-its-alread-enabled

@brenty I'm not sure if this has already been addressed or added to known issues, but I'm having the same issue as telUK, each time I switch users on my Mac. (I have personal and work log-ins on my home mac.) Every time I switch users, I get a popup message requesting me to "Enable 1Password in Safari" etc.
    MacOS Mojave 10.14.3
    Safari 12.0.3
    1Password 7.2.4

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Regent12,

It used to be users would see the errant message when starting up Safari and we did correct that one, what we didn't realise was a similar scenario was found with fast user switching and that issue is still present in 1Password 7.2.4. I don't know when the next update to 1Password for Mac will be but my hope is it will contain the fix for this. I apologise for the incorrect nagging 1Password is doing in the meanwhile.

• Regent12
    Regent12
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables, thanks for the update!

• Hi there @Regent12 , I can confirm that this fix has been merged and will appear in 7.2.5 when it ships. Have a good one!

This discussion has been closed.