How do I select only one vault to add a login or other entry to?

Options
sapples4
sapples4
Community Member

I'm in a free trial period and finding this very difficult to figure out. I'm using the app on my iPhone 7. I've added a note, a credit card, and a couple of logins and everything automatically gets put in both my private and shared vaults. Can't I select which vault I want each entry added to? Also, if I delete an item from one vault, it gets deleted from the other as well.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Using 1P on my iPhone 7--why are all of my entries being added to both of my vaults? Can't I select which vault to add data to?

Comments

• sapples4
    sapples4
    Community Member
    Options

I've also tried the "Vault for Saving" setting and have indicated to only save to my Private vault and that still doesn't work.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sapples4

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try this for me? Use the vault switcher at the top left of 1Password to switch to the Private vault. Create a new Secure Note item titled "This item is in the Private vault." Then switch to the Shared vault using the vault switcher. Do you see that item? If you do please take a screenshot of it and post it here:

▷ How to take a screenshot

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.