1Password 7.3.647 crashing [Confirmed and pulled]

fcarfcar
edited January 1 in Windows Beta

See screenshot. The app will not open. Restarted computer, no difference. It was working a couple of days ago. Don't know the version because the app won't open.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 x64 18305
Sync Type: Folder sync

Comments

• Managed to check version from task manager, app keeps opening and closing so it was hard to click properties, but it's 7.3.647. Noticed this is a beta, and the download link is down, so cannot try to reinstall. Maybe you guys are aware of this issue already.

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member
    edited January 1

Hi @fcar,

We apologize about that crash issue. We immediately pulled the 7.3.647 beta update as soon as we saw the first crash report come in, download 7.3.646 instead from here.

We posted the announcement as soon as we've done that in the beta forum but please file the bug reports in the Windows beta forum next time if you're using the beta builds, so you may be able to see the announcements.

• Thanks, working now... Sure I'll do that next time.

Team Member

Thanks! Again, we apologize about that one. Even as we continue to investigate the issue, it is an utterly odd crasher, we can't reproduce it on our machines but only if we use the in-app updater.

Hopefully, we'll have the fix out soon.

• It happens... no harm no foul, the data is intact that's what matters. Minor inconvenience having to reinstall but it was a painless one-click procedure. If you guys need me to help diagnose I am more than happy to do it. Can skype or whatever if needed.

Team Member

Hi @fcar,

Can you try checking for an update, we shipped 7.3.648 just now.

There weren't anything causing the crash, we've simply rebuilt the app and it stopped crashing.

• Just updated and it's working fine now. Must've been the Gremlims...

Team Member

Thanks for confirming that!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file