I have to keep entering my Master Password to save new sites?

Options
AustinBaze
AustinBaze
Community Member

Just starting with 1Password trial after a long time with LastPass. On my Laptop (MacBookPro, TouchID-equipped, Latest MacOS/Safari) I am prompted for my Master Password for EVERY new site I add. This cannot be by design right? If this is how it is supposed to work my trial is over.

I would assume once I verify and login to Password for a session I could add as many new sites as I want to my vault. Am I doing something wrong?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.73
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:entering master password repeatedly

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Check the settings in 1Password > Preferences > Security. You may have them set to lock more often than you want; for instance, there is an option to Lock when Main Window is Closed. That would have the effect you are seeing.

Certainly, in normal use there should be no such issue as the one you describe.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @AustinBaze -- and to 1Password! @danco is right on the money here: we can't allow you to never enter your Master Password, because that would sort of defeat the security of 1Password, but you can fairly widely adjust the security settings, in Preferences > Security. Let us know if you have questions or continue to have the issue you describe.

• AustinBaze
    AustinBaze
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks I have adjusted my Preferences and will try adding some more sites to the vault. I appreciate the rapid response--bodes well for staying with this app.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AustinBaze - awesome -- feel free to drop by anytime with questions or issues, if you have them. We always try to answer as quickly as possible, but response times do tend to vary depending on circumstances. I'd also recommend https://support.1password.com as an excellent resource for many of the things you might want to know how to do in 1Password. But if you can't find it there, or you just prefer to ask here, that's fine as well!

This discussion has been closed.