please allow autofill of bank account info

Why wouldn't you allow users to autofill bank account/routing numbers? Many times, usears don't want to pay with a CC but just their bank account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:please allow autofill of bank account info

Comments

• Hi @bbeyer,

A lot of 1Password's current behaviour is still based on decisions made in 1Password 3 or possibly even earlier. Bank Account items weren't designed for filling and were more just about allowing the user to create a record for reference when needed. I can't talk for Canada and the US, still our primary location for users but here in the UK the only time I'd be supplying bank account details would be for setting up a direct debit which is a one-time action. It is only based on my own experiences but it's pretty much unheard of to use actual bank details for a one-time transaction.

Things do change of course and certain decisions in the past may not be the decisions we'd make again today in the same situation. We've toyed with ways to make all types fillable but for the moment that is very much still in the concept stage and hasn't made it to code in any shape or form. For now filling is limited to Login, Identity, Credit Card and Password items.

• It is not unheard of or I wouldn't be requesting it. I have to fill out bank account info enough that it would be useful to autofill.

• ag_sebastianag_sebastian

Team Member

@bbeyer: We certainly believe you, but I haven't heard about it until now either. Having said that, we're both located in Europe, which probably has different regulations. Either way, as @littlebobbytables already mentioned, we're toying with allowing such details to be filled, but there's still time before that becomes a reality. I'm sorry that I don't have a more satisfactory answer for you, but your request has been heard and acknowledged. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file