To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I had an account which lapsed.. I would like to reestablish

Options
gnorge
gnorge
Community Member

I had an account which lapsed.. I would like to reestablish
It wont let me sign in and I have the magic Key and the password

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I had an account which lapsed.. I would like to reestablish

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @gnorge! I'm sorry for the trouble. I"m not sure what you mean by "magic key" - and I say that not to be pedantic with you but to make sure we're talking about the same things. A 1password.com account requires a Master Password as well as a Secret Key to sign into on any new device for the first time. After that, the Secret Key is stored in app (or browser) memory, meaning you need only have the Master Password. If you're certain you remember your Master Password, and you still have the 1Password app or any of the browsers you used to sign in previously, you should be able to use only your Master Password to unlock your data. The only way that wouldn't be true is if you actually deleted your account. Can you let me know a little more about what data you have ( Master Password, Secret Key, etc), what steps you've already tried so far, and what's not working -- where things are breaking down? Thanks.

• gnorge
    gnorge
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1 password I have the Secret Key. I have the Master Password. Have a new Mac laptop and want to transfer over the data.
    The 1 password file got damaged in transfer and to download a new app it wants me to Sign in to my account which it tells me I dont have the correct information.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gnorge - thanks for the additional information. Can you please try signing into your account in a browser? Visit https://start.1password.com and see if you're able to sign into your account that way.

This discussion has been closed.