Possible to clear or edit saved webform details?

bdurham
bdurham
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Mac

Regarding the webform data that 1Password captures:

1. Is there a way to clear some or all captured fields for an item? Use case: My Amtrak item has dozens(!) of nonsense fields that span several pages when I print an emergency backup.

2. Is there a way to edit a specific captured field's value? Use case: My location changed but the webform has my original address info.

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bdurham - Yes, you can click Edit in any item and then click the Saved Form Details button, and you'll be able to remove any of the fields you wish, including username and password. We don't recommend it, because although what you're describing can certainly be annoying, it's frequently the case that removing some of those hidden fields can cause the Login item to function unpredictably or even not function at all. There is usually a reason sites put those hidden fields in place - and even if it's not a very good one, manually altering it can reduce or wreck the functionality of the Login item.

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member

@Lars: Thanks for the fast reply. 1Password is operating as you describe. I could swear that my previous attempts to do what you described did not work, but I was mistaken. Additional guidance noted and appreciated.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bdurham - my guess is that you may have - in your haste to edit - forgot to actually click the Edit button first. If you click Saved Form Details without having clicked Edit first, you'll still be able to see all the details, you just can't alter any of them. I've made that mistake before myself. Glad you're able to get it working now. :)

• bdurham
    bdurham
    Community Member

@Lars: All good. A shout out to you and your team for handling my barrage of questions today. :smile:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bdurham - you're quite welcome! That's what we're here for. :)

This discussion has been closed.