Why is my family’s sign-in address not customized?

AlaaElrifaie
AlaaElrifaie
Community Member

I’ve just signed up yesterday for a family account (trial for 30 days) and used my personal info to sign up (my own name and email), after that I changed the family name through the website and started sending invitations to my family members. The weird thing is that we all have the sign-in adress set to “my.1password.com” while when watching YouTube videos I saw families having custom url based on its name.

What am I missing? And was this the proper way of creating a family account? Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Hi @AlaaElrifaie

The weird thing is that we all have the sign-in adress set to “my.1password.com”

1Password Families memberships no longer use a customized sign-in URL. 1Password Business memberships do still have this option, but that may be overkill if you're not using 1Password for business.

And was this the proper way of creating a family account?

I don't see any reason to suspect otherwise. :)

Ben

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

I do have a family account. However if I check in the 1Password program under accounts, it gives a sign-in address that starts with the family-account name. That is both for me as an administrator as for the regular family account members.
    So which is then true. Is it displayed incorrectly in the 1Password-programm?

Just checked by login via a Webbrowser: I used both family-account name.1password.com and my.1password.com: both work...

• I used both family-account name.1password.com and my.1password.com: both work...

I believe you've answered your own question here. :)

Memberships created prior to the change will be able to use either. New memberships will only be able to use the my.1password.com address.

Ben

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member

:)
    Thanks Ben

• You're very welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.