Refund standalone license and purchase subscription?

I've been thinking about buying 1Password for a while now and on New Years Day, I finally decided to do it. I downloaded the Windows client and ended up buying a license for the standalone version of the software. Unfortunately, it wasn't until after I made the purchase that I realized that what I really should have bought was a subscription (instead of a standalone license). I looked through the FAQ and the forums and found a post saying that refund requests should be sent to [email protected] I sent an e-mail to this address (the same day that I made the purchase) and I received an automated response from [email protected] with a support ID of [#CNJ-69491-739]. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything else since then. Does anyone know how long does it normally takes to get a response to a ticket submitted via e-mail?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @bmt22033

It takes a few days, unfortunately. We're working hard to get back to our usual 24-hour response times, but we're not there yet. The good news is you can go ahead and sign up for a 1Password membership and start using it, as that'll come with a 30 day trial, so we have some time to get everything sorted out. :+1:

Ben

• Thanks for the super quick reply, Ben! Can you confirm that it shouldn't be an issue to refund the standalone license? If so, I'll just go ahead and sign up for a subscription now instead of dealing with the 30 day trial!

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

You're welcome. Even if you subscribe now you won't be charged in the first 30 days of membership, and won't be charged at all if you cancel before the end of the trial period. Considering how recent your license purchase was (within 30 days) I suspect what our sales team will offer you is a refund of the purchase or a credit in the amount you paid applied to your membership.

Ben

• OK, sounds great. Thank you again!

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

No problem. :+1:

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file