1Password 7.2.617 export broken

Options

I am attempting to export multiple passwords into a CSV file using the Windows client. When I do this, the CSV seems to be completely messed up, with field values being placed in the wrong fields. However, if I export only a single password, the field values are placed in the correct fields.

For example

I have an entry titled 'My Entry' with password 'my password'.

When exporting my entire list, 'My Entry' is placed in a custom field from a different entry, 'My Custom Key'. 'my password' is also placed into a different field, 'order total'. When exporting only this entry, I see the title and password are placed in the correct fields.

It is worth noting that I have custom key values with the following characters. It doesn't appear that the CSV is sanitizing these characters or quoting the values: \ ,

I'm guessing the comma is the culprit.

1Password Version: 7.2.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for reporting this, @dsbert! Are you only seeing issues with values in the wrong fields when the item has a field that includes a comma in the field value, by chance? For example, if you export multiple items, but none of them have field values with commas, do those export okay? Thanks!

• dsbert
    dsbert
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate

I exported a working entry successfully that did not have commas in any field name. I then edited the entry with a custom field that contains a comma. The first export worked correctly and the second export had issues due to the comma. Any CSV parser will treat that field header as two separate fields and there is no automated way to detect or handle this. If I manually quote the header field, then there is no issue. I believe 1Password should be quoting the header fields since it allows commas in field names.

• Thanks, @dsbert! I took me a bit, but I was able to reproduce this. In my testing the data for the field-with-comma was still there and it was at least somewhat obvious what it went with, but I got an extra header and, indeed, that could seriously get out of hand with many items. We've already got plans to do some work on the exporter in the not-too-distant future and I'll go ahead and add this to the list of things to sort out. Thanks for your help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.