password generator with words is not always acceptable

(I am not sure this is the right forum, but I did not find any that is "simply" on general technical issues.)

I have began to systematically use the password generator. I use the "words" alternative with "hyphen" as a sub-option. However, in many cases, the generated password is not acceptable by sites, because they often require two features:

• passwords should include both lower and upper case characters
  • passwords should also include numerical digits

As a result, what I do is to change one of the characters to upper case and add some random digits to the words before using it. No big deal, but a big of a drag; I wonder whether it is not possible to extend the password generator by mixing upper case and lower case characters and include random digits, too?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:password generator

Comments

• ag_sebastianag_sebastian

Team Member
    edited January 6

Hello, @iherman!

If you're not sure where to post a question, make your best guess (just as you did), and we'll move it if need be. :smile:

I know what you mean, as I tend to add upper-case characters and numbers often myself, and it can become a bit of a drag. I've filed this as a feature request for us to look into, but I can't promise when and if we'll get to it.

ref: xplatform/targets-13

• Thanks @ag_sebastian! Getting this on your radar screen is the first step:-)

Happy new year to the whole team!

• ag_sebastianag_sebastian

Team Member
    edited January 6

Always happy to listen to constructive feedback. :) Happy New Year, @iherman!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file