memory useage during installation

Options
pwmoore
pwmoore
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Mac

iMac, Intel Core i5, 3.1 GHz, 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Mojave OS
Upgraded to V7 with subscription. It works very well & is fast. I wanted to find out what was going on with system memory during installation. During the process of importing an older version vault of about 500 items, my system memory was depleted to the point that the computer locked up. I had to restart 3 or 4 times to get the process to finish. When everything was updated, the program worked fine. I am curious as to what caused that. I have used 1Password 4 years, and it is the best.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hmm. We do a ton of testing here, especially of first run and initial setup, and we haven't seen that behaviour, but we'll keep an eye out for it. The only thing I can think of is that it had a particularly hard time with some old data in the vault you were migrating. THank you for bringing this up!

• pwmoore
    pwmoore
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Thanks for attempting to answer that. I wondered just that, if the old vault data caused some problems.
    This 1Password web site automatic sync. does seem to work way better than Dropbox sync.

• Ben
    Options

I wondered just that, if the old vault data caused some problems.

That is very possible. Some of the datasets that folks are migrating are 10+ years old, so there are cases where 1Password has to chew on the data a bit to get it digested. That could certainly explain what you saw.

This 1Password web site automatic sync. does seem to work way better than Dropbox sync.

Very glad to hear it. 😄Thanks for the feedback.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.