Android app mishandles "Field 6" from csv import.

edited January 6 in Android

Repro steps:
1) Have Keepass entry with contents in the Notes field. edit: I originally thought newlines were the issue, but I saw some entries with a single line that also had the bug.

2) Export to csv

3) Import csv into 1password. This places the Notes in a "Field 6".
edit: Incidentally, if Notes had new lines, then Field 6 will also have new lines which is not normally possible. Maybe Keepass' notes should be placed in 1password's Notes instead of Field 6.

4) Check the entry in the Android app. "Field 6" is not visible at all.

5) Furthermore, if you modify the entry in any way in the android app, Field 6 will be deleted, leading in lost information.

1Password Version: 7.0.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• periperi

Team Member

Hi @alexkaratarakis. Do these items show up correctly on your other devices? Also, can you check the exported CSV and let me know if it conforms to the guidelines here? https://support.1password.com/create-csv-files/

• Hi @peri. Yes these show up correctly on Windows/Mac/Web. The screenshot in the first post is from Windows. Also, clients won't allow adding additional new-lines, but will show them if they are already present.

The csv looks fine according to the guidelines in terms of structure. The columns for Title/Url are not in the places 1password expects so they will be placed incorrectly, but that is a different issue. Here is a screenshot of the csv as it gets exported from Keepass (I can't attach csv).

Importing the csv into 1password doesn't produce any errors and Windows/Mac/Web show it correctly.

Note: I used KeepassX 2.0.3 (Mac) for the export and 1password 7.2.2 (Mac) for the import.

• periperi

Team Member

@alexkaratarakis Do you have lots of these items? Or is it limited to a few? Also, if you export any of these items from 1Password on Windows and then re-import them, does the newly imported version look right on Android?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file