1P no longer filling in login for my banking site.

Options
gee-forr
gee-forr
Community Member

Hi there,

I use 1P to fill in my login for https://netbank.nedsecure.co.za/. It takes an account number, pin, and password. It used to work perfectly, but now it only fills in my account number, and incorrectly puts the pin in the password field, and doesn't fill in the password.

I've tried to manually set the form up again, and have 1P re-save it, but it doesn't seem to work, unfortunately.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I use 1P to fill in my login for https://netbank.nedsecure.co.za/. It takes an account number, pin, and password. It used to work perfectly, but now it only fills in my account number, and incorrectly puts the pin in the password field, and doesn't fill in the password.

@gee-forr: What is the exact browser version you're using?

I've tried to manually set the form up again, and have 1P re-save it, but it doesn't seem to work, unfortunately.

Can you clarify, are you getting the same result, or having a different problem with the new login? Thanks in advance!

• gee-forr
    gee-forr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty ...

This is happening on Firefox Nightly, Chrome, and Safari.

What I meant by "...I've tried to manually set the form up again, and have 1P re-save it,..." is that I deleted my 1P record for that site, and attempted to resave a fresh version of the login, but 1P doesn't bring up a "Save login" dialog.

• gee-forr
    gee-forr
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Also want to add that I've also tried manually creating a 1P record for this site, and that yields the same effect I've described above.

I'm suspecting that the bank has done something to prevent password managers from filling in the form due to some misguided sense of security.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gee-forr: Ah, thanks. But what are the specific versions? I'm not seeing that behaviour here, so I wonder if you've got something a bit different than I do. For me, I get the autosave prompt and it fills correctly as well. What are your settings in 1Password Preferences > Browsers?

• gee-forr
    gee-forr
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty For Firefox Nightly, it's the nightly version, i.e. whatever was compiled last night. For Chrome, it's the latest version 71.0.3578.98, and for Safari, it's whatever version ships with macOS 10.14.2... 12.0.2 in this case.

Here's my 1P browser prefs...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gee-forr: Hmm. Are 1Password and your browsers all installed in the system /Applications folder? If not, that would explain why none of them work on your machine; they cannot communicate with each other otherwise.

• gee-forr
    gee-forr
    Community Member
    Options

Nope... all my apps are in /Applications... I should note that 1P works perfectly everywhere else. It's only not working on this one site for me.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019
    Options

@gee-for - I think I see what might be the problem here. You said you tried to create a Login item "manually," but did you use this specific procedure? If not, please give that a whirl. Obviously, not being in South Africa, I don't have an account at that bank, but using that exact procedure (which is the recommended way to set up a manual login entry), I was able to enter "dummy" data and have it fill correctly. Give that a whirl, and let us know what you discover.

This discussion has been closed.