Feature Request: Support for multiple Chrome profiles

I was using 1Password with my Chrome Portable on TrueCrypt encrypted virtual drive more than a year.

I'm understand that new extension doesn't work with chrome profile, that located not in user %APPDATA%.

But why you miss that functionality and doesn't implement it more than month after missing it? So, I have to stop using your product because I will not keep my Chrome profile in non-secure places.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2012
    We're working on support for multiple Chrome profiles.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2012
    Welcome to the forums, condemn! Thanks for letting us know this is important to you. As Stefan said, it is something we are working on. I don't have a time frame for a specific release since it requires some re-architecting, but it is definitely on our radar.

If there is anything else we can help with in the mean time, please let us know.
  • condemil
    edited January 2012
    khad wrote:

If there is anything else we can help with in the mean time, please let us know.

Can you provide download link to last 1Password for Windows that have old Chrome extension and last Chrome build number that supports it?
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2012
    The old Chrome extension is not compatible with Chrome 16.
  • condemil
    edited January 2012
    I know that, and that's why I'm asking last Chrome build number (that working with old extension) too.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    The old extension worked in Chrome 15, but we strongly recommend against downgrading your browser as there are security updates included (along with other fixes). As a 1Password user, I'm sure you take your security seriously, so I just want to make sure you are aware of the dangers of using an unpatched, out of date browser.
  • After three month I've checked the extension (beta) again - nothing changed. Can you email me, when the extension will be work and I can continue using 1Password?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2012
    This was included in the 3.9.0 extension update over a month ago:

http://cdn.agilebits...ease_notes.html

Please ensure that you are running the latest versions of (1) 1Password, (2) Chrome, and the (3) 1Password Chrome extension.
  • It is still doesn't work with Google Chrome Portable that I'm using from TrueCrypt volume. I have latest versions of Chrome (18.0.1025.168), 1Password (1.0.9.294) and 1Password Chrome Extension (3.9.4.39499).
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Such a configuration is unfortunately not supported. "Integration requires integration." Which is to say that in order to install and use the browser extension, you will need to install the browser.
  • I'm not going to move Google Chrome from TrueCrypt volume (you must understand this as company that provide software for secure information). This configuration was working before you update chrome extension, so it is real bug and you must fix it.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    I don't think we supported Chrome Portable before.
  • I'm saying, that I was using it before about an year. And after update I'm have not working extension already more than five months. So, now I can't use 1Password that I was using a lot before with my Chrome Portable on TrueCrypt. I would not write about that if chrome extension doesn't work before, but it was working in this configuration and is broken after update.
  • condemil
    edited May 2012
    And I'm writing about it in first sentence, I don't know why you don't read it: "[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I was using 1Password with my Chrome Portable on TrueCrypt encrypted virtual drive more than a year.[/font]" [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Posted [/font]24 January 2012 - 09:01 PM
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    I believe what Khad is saying is this: "it might have worked in a portable web browser, but we never officially supported any portable web browser".
This discussion has been closed.