Change Account Name?

hexatriene
hexatriene
Community Member
edited January 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi - Is there a way to change the account name I have associated with my account?

1Password Version: 7.2.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Hey, @hexatriene! There totally is. Is this an individual account or a family account? If the former, sign in to your account in your browser, click your name in the top right and select "My Profile". Click "Edit Details" under your photo and change your name there. If it's a Family account, sign in to your account, click Settings in the sidebar, and change your Family name to change the account name. :+1:

• hexatriene
    hexatriene
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

So this might actually be a bug. I recently downgraded from a family to an individual account. In doing so, I might be stuck. So I can click "My Profile"

...then Edit Details:

I change my name..

Save...

No change.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hexatriene: Hmm. I wonder if it's being cached in the app. If you sign out and then sign in again, does it update?

• hexatriene
    hexatriene
    Community Member

No it does not. :(

• I just tested this myself @hexatriene and was able to get it to update. I feel like signing out and signing in should have fixed it for you based on my results, but let's just give it a try anyway and see what's what – could you choose 1Password > Exit to completely quit 1Password, then relaunch it and unlock? That got my account name to update for me after going from Families to Individual and changing my name. Hopefully same will work for you. If not, though, let me know. I am currently running our beta and, while I'm not aware of any changes that would affect this, there's always a chance I'm overlooking something. :+1:

• hexatriene
    hexatriene
    Community Member

OK - so I'm here in my office at work, running a virtual machine that has never seen 1Password. First I download and install 1Password for Windows version 7.2.617. I have to log in:

I log in - and shortly afterwards (~5 seconds as it downloads everything) see:

I'm seeing this "Matt and Maxy" account name show up in 1PasswordX browser extension, 1Password for IOS, 1Password for Windows, and 1Password for MacOS - on all of my devices.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hexatriene: I wonder if you have multiple accounts, or if you're changing something other than you think. Keep in mind that a family or team name serves a different function than the name of an account under that membership.

If you're still having trouble, the only way to really figure it out will be to look at the actual account, and we cannot discuss anything like that here on a public forum. Please shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here so we can look into it.

• hexatriene
    hexatriene
    Community Member

Yes! Thank you. My support ID: #PIB-53667-292

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! I've snagged your email, and I'll get back to you there shortly. :)

ref: PIB-53667-292

• HazelH
    HazelH
    Community Member

Hello,

I have a 1Password account and am struggling to change the User name.
    I have logged into my account, clicked into My Profile, Edit Details. In here I can change the email address and image but not the User/Account name (not sure what it's official name is?). How do I do this please?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HazelH: What kind of membership is it?

• HazelH
    HazelH
    Community Member

I believe it's an individual account which links into a team account. Does this make any sense/helpful?

• 1Password Business comes with the option to link a free family account, @HazelH, is that perhaps the account you're attempting to edit? If you have 1Password Families, you can change the family name (and thus the account name) by clicking Settings in the sidebar and editing it there. If you're trying to change the name of a Team or Business account, you may not have permission to do so.

This discussion has been closed.