Trying to signing on Mac - correct details but empty error box.

Options
mikeydelamonde
mikeydelamonde
Community Member

I have a paid for account. I just re-installed the latest Mac 1Password. I know that the details are correct because I signed in online and use this account at work. When I try to add the account at home it will not accept the details and the error message is blank (see screenshot). I have fully deleted 1Password (Library folder etc) and reinstalled but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.4 (70204000) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2 (18C54)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @mikeydelamonde! I'm sorry for the trouble! I don't know what might have caused this problem specifically (yet), but I do think that rummaging around in the Library folder and deleting things may have worsened the situation. Try this first: click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password Data -- this is assuming you had only 1password.com data on this Mac, and not any standalone data that you need. This will remove all the data and quit 1Password. Re-launch it from your /Applications folder (make sure it is in this folder and not anywhere else on your hard drive, else it won't work), and then re-enter your credentials. Use your Setup Code from your Emergency Kit (or a mobile device, if you have that), otherwise, you can enter the details manually. Let me know how that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.