1Password Icon Missing

Norman K. Hester
Norman K. Hester
Community Member

1Password for Mac 6.8.9 (License November 23, 2014) was updated today to 7.2.4 (License January 7, 2019).

In 6.8.9 the 1Password icon appeared to the left of the open URL (Safari) and clicking on it would automatically enter my log-in information.

In 7.2.4, that icon is missing. The Safari extension is installed.

How do I correct this?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Norman K. Hester - if you don't see the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar, there are three possibilities: check to be sure in Preferences > Browsers that "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper" is running. Assuming it is, then the next thing to do would be to check Safari extensions and make sure it's not just installed but enabled. And finally, control-click on Safari's toolbar where the icon should be, and choose "Customize Toolbar." Find the 1Password extension icon in the selection, and drag it to where you want it.

• Norman K. Hester
    Norman K. Hester
    Community Member

A 2nd 1PW icon now appears in Safari just to the left of the URL for the open web page. However, left clicking on it does not recognize the open page. But, thankfully, Command + \ does work... and for that I'm quite thankful. Attached is a screen shot of what I see when I left-click on that icon:

• Norman K. Hester
    Norman K. Hester
    Community Member

Uh that screen shot failed to post. I'll try again:

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Norman K. Hester it looks like you've been posting nearly-identical content in two different threads. Can we stop trying to carry on this conversation in multiple places? I'm going to close this thread so that we can continue in the other one, if that's all right with you; it's easier for you, for me, and for anyone else trying to follow this later. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.